Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by c b <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/15 08:00:15 UTC

WSDL type mapping for List

Hi Axis-Users,

I have a simple web service operation which returns a string. This was working fine for me.
Recently I needed to change the return type from String to a List(ArrayList).
I duly generated the new wsdl and a new client and tried to invoke the newly deployed
web service.
But it gives me an AXIS fault.
I checked the newly generated WSDL and the response element now shows the type as
"xsd:anytype".
Does this have anything to do with the axis fault that I am getting?

Thanks,
Chinmay.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: WSDL type mapping for List

Posted by Rahul Devgan <rd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
It all comes down to what kind of serializers are available. What can or can
not be sent over the wire is entirely dependent on the product you are
using. Axis has built in support for a lot Java Types and its associated
tools work withing those boundaries. That is why for complex transactions
involving business data to be sent over wire, I would recommend
"document-literal/wrapped" calls and not rpc-encoded calls. Basically when
you have lots of data to be sent across to a WS, design the WS endpoint so
that it accepts a xml-document and then have the document parsed using your
own business logic. On the client side, create the document as per the XSD
of the document. In this sort of scenario, Axis will not be of much help
from serialization/ deserialization point of view but it can still do a lot
of other things for you.

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Ooops.. The link is broken... Note the "addressing" part of the link..
Please log a JIRA... I'll fix that ASAP.. Following is the correct
URL..

http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi/ws/axis2/modules/soapmonitor/1_1/soapmonitor-1.1.mar

Thanks,
Thilina

On 12/26/06, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 404 on each site listed at
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi/ws/axis2/modules/addressing/1_1/soapmonitor-1.1.zip
> (It appears that the distros never made it to the mirrors)
>
> Martin--
> This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.

Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
Home page: http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
Blog: http://thilinag.blogspot.com/

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
when docBase="" the webapp name (in this case axis2-web) needs to be specified in the web.xml as in..

    <error-page>
      <error-code>404</error-code>
      <location>/axis2-web/Error/error404.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

    <error-page>
        <error-code>500</error-code>
        <location>/axis2-web/Error/error500.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

then each and every jsp which jsp:includes any jsp such as index.jsp/listServices.jsp/HappyAxis.jsp and every  needs to specify /webapp/folder/JSPFile.jsp specifically.. as in
/axis2-web/services/listServices.jsp

(the alternative is to use correct the null specification for docBase)

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Re: axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

axis2-soapmonitor*.mar ?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Correction -- return an array, not a soap array. (Soap array is used
only with rpc/encoded).

      http://mail.yahoo.com

Posted by c b <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Rahul,