Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Arun Agarwal <ar...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/03/15 21:14:24 UTC

A cwiki review required and notes

Hi Team.
Added the cwiki pages at:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Installing+CouchDBhttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Documentation+Guide

Notes:
-- Versions for developer preview 2.0 is TBD and we have to fill the right values. not sure if we require nodejs/rebar added to the table.-- I have trimmed/re-worded the documentation guide to some extent, please take a look and verify the hyperlinks if they point to correct locations.   we should ideally have a markdown readme in couchdb-documentation repo and twiki should point to the repo page for further documentation.  This way the documentation will live with the code and twiki will point to the right documentation.-- We probably should avoid versioning in url scheme example @ http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/1.6.1/search.html
    this way the urls are no longer bookmarkable and violates the resource semantics as well. at some point we should change it in code.
regards.Arun.

Re: A cwiki review required and notes

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Ah, you just changed them. I am +1 for those changes as they focus on
doing and remove details that might be hard for newcomers, like
release-branching. We should take care of that and not someone who
spotted a typo in the docs.

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Thank you, your help is really appreciated!

Posted by Arun Agarwal <ar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hey Robert and Alex.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:21 PM,  <ju...@villageonline.info> wrote:
> unsubscribe

RE: A cwiki review required and notes

Posted by ju...@villageonline.info.
unsubscribe

Re: A cwiki review required and notes

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Arun Agarwal
<ar...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Installing+CouchDB

This information is incomplete and may cause confusion. All the actual
installation requirements are defined in couchdb root repository in
INSTALL[1] file. There is no need to duplicate this information a lot
(with exception for the docs may be) because multiple source of truth
is harder to maintain and keep consistent instead of the single one.

For instance, R14 support wasn't removed for developers preview.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1.6.x/INSTALL.Unix

--

Re: A cwiki review required and notes