Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ron Peterson <rp...@mtholyoke.edu> on 2008/10/25 03:30:14 UTC

theme.xml and custom themes

When you create a custom theme in roller, there is no theme.xml to speak
of.  On my roller 4.0 installation, the 'templates' dialog doesn't have
the same columns as shown in the roller_templates.pdf guide.  The guide
indicates that this form should have fields 'Name, Description, Link,
Navbar, Hidden, Edit, and Remove'.  My form only shows 'Name,
Description, and Remove'.

So my question is, how do you do the things theme.xml does when creating
custom themes?  The choices vary, depending on the theme chosen as the
original template.  I also see that the 'link', 'hidden', 'navbar',
etc. properties exist in the database webpage table.  I just don't see
any way to modify these without going into the database.

Also, the 'Add a new template' portion of the 'Templates' form includes
a combo box that isn't shown in the documentation that is titled
'Action'.  Where does the Action combo box obtain its values
(e.g. 'custom', 'permalink', 'search', 'tagIndex')?

TIA.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager

Re: theme.xml and custom themes

Posted by Ron Peterson <rp...@mtholyoke.edu>.
2008-10-24_21:30:14-0400 Ron Peterson <rp...@mtholyoke.edu>:

> I see that the 'link', 'hidden', 'navbar', etc. properties exist in
> the database webpage table.  I just don't see any way to modify these
> without going into the database.

Nevermind.  I finally noticed the settings in the Advanced... portion of
the edit window for each template.