Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@sungard.com> on 2013/08/01 11:37:00 UTC

Re: Qpid throwed WSAENOBUFS while receiving data from a broker

Hi Jakub,

Thank you for investigation and keeping the thread alive. I hope we will get
to a conclusion soon about how to fix this.

-----
Best Regards,
Hamid.

Re: Qpid throwed WSAENOBUFS while receiving data from a broker

Posted by jingheelu <ji...@hotmail.com>.
Since my last post, we have done a number of tests involving some
combinations of the following changes to determine which is more helpful in
alleviating this issue:

1. Increasing the buffer count from 4 to 8;
2. Reducing the receiver capacity from 100 to 10;
3. Upgrading from Windows Server 2003 to 2008;

Our conclusion is that #1 and #2 will delay the issue, but eventually, the
exception still happened.  Upgrading our operating systems to run our
application under Windows Server 2008 seems to be the winner, as we have not
seen the issue happens on that version of OS.  According to our research,
Windows Server 2008 has a redesigned network stack implementation, and we
believe that it is helping to prevent the issue from happening.

Thanks again for all your replies and helpful suggestions.

Re: Qpid throwed WSAENOBUFS while receiving data from a broker

Posted by jingheelu <ji...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jakub,

Thank you for your efforts in reproducing the issue.

We have been running some tests after increasing the buffer count from 4 to
8.  It seems to help a bit in our high load tests, in term of delaying the
exception, but eventually, the exception still occurred after longer runs.
We will also try your other recommendation, which is to reduce the receiver
capacity and see if it helps (currently at 100).

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Jin-Ghee Lu (Gene)

Re: Qpid throwed WSAENOBUFS while receiving data from a broker

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Hamid,

I'm sorry, I do not really know the idea behind the buffers. Steve
mentioned the possibility of increasing the buffer count. From the code
where the exception is created it is apparent that there is additional
buffer missing, but I do not really know how the SSL data are decrypted and
stored into the buffers and why do they actually need additional buffer. I
just gave it a try :-).

I didn't tried to further increase the number of buffers. I changed it to 5
and it seemed to work, so there was no reason for it. Today I moved more
then 10GB of messages of different sizes with different capacity settings
and the problem didn't appeared any-more with 5 buffers.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
One more update from my side ... I finally managed to build the 0.22
release. The problem is fully reproducible there as well. However, I tried
to increase the BufferCount value in AsynchIO.h from 4 to 5 and that seems
to solve the problem - at least in the terms that the error doesn't
reproduce anymore.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub