Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by adfel70 <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/27 18:10:07 UTC

Re: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected

Any solution for this?

Re: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but class was expected

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
I think compiling nutch code with CDH4 hadoop jars might resolve this
issue. See [0] and [1].

[0] :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14215771/couchbase-hadoop-connector-sqoop-job-failed-found-interface-org-apache-hadoop
[1] :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14354309/handling-error-found-interface-org-apache-hadoop-mapreduce-taskattemptcontext

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
It is clear that Nutch (or more specifically Nutch 2.x) is not
interoperable with this or some Hadoop distributions, in this case it is
CDH4.
It is not an easy problem to address from a community-to-work ratio point
of view, especially with Nutch 2.x where there are multiple libraries which
we need to get working in harmony. We briefly looked at getting Nutch
running over Apache BigTop in an attempt to verify on how many platforms we
can actually run Apache Nutch.
We ensure that the Apache Nutch project is completely interoperable with
Apache Hadoop, meaning that commercial platforms for Apache Hadoop are not
on the Apache Nutch PMC's main agenda with regards to interoperability.
This being said, if you want to make an attempt to get Nutch working with
CDH4 then please let us know and we will back the effort.
Lewis

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM, adfel70 <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any solution for this?

*Lewis*