Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/15 06:30:09 UTC

Enabling Mediators in a Sequence to be activated and Deactivated.

Hi ,

IMHO it will be good to have this feature specially in a Environment where
People getting familiar  with the synapse configuration language . So Idea
is they  should be able to disable /enable sequence with out removing it
from the configuration and re-starting the server.

The way i'm thinking of implementing this by giving a JMX view for mediators
with which will enable users to activate/ deactivate it. Sequence Mediator
will not execute deactivated Mediators in the sequence. There will be minor
API change to the Mediator interface to support this .

Having a JMX view to Mediators going to be anyway valuable IMO. So we can
provide more operations other than activate and deactivate. WDYT?

--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi
http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/

Re: Enabling Mediators in a Sequence to be activated and Deactivated.

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> IMHO it will be good to have this feature specially in a Environment where
> People getting familiar  with the synapse configuration language . So Idea
> is they  should be able to disable /enable sequence with out removing it
> from the configuration and re-starting the server.

Let me clarify the requirement :

The users must be able to dynamically enable/disable mediators in a
sequence. (sorry i said disable /enable sequence in prev. mail it must be
changed as enable/disable mediators in a sequence) with out restarting the
server.

This requirement is reported at[1] too. I think this will be valuable to the
synapse users too

[1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/ESBJAVA-569