Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by doragasu <do...@hotmail.com> on 2016/12/17 16:59:09 UTC

Cannot get SSH to work

I'm running ArchLinux ARM on a RaspberryPi 2, and I have just installed
Guacamole. Unfortunately I cannot get SSH to work. I can login to Guacamole,
but when I select the SSH session, an error window pops up with the message:

_____________________________

CONNECTION ERROR

An internal error has occurred within the Guacamole server, and
the connection has been terminated. If the problem persists,
please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs.

_____________________________

Then I get options to return home, retry or logout.

The relevant configuration in user-mapping.xml, inside the <authorize>
section is:

_____________________________

        <connection name="m-c2d/ssh">
            <protocol>ssh</protocol>
            192.168.1.10
            22
            jalon
        </connection>
_____________________________

If from this machine I try "ssh jalon@192.168.1.10", it connects without a
problem, but Guacamole seems to have problems to connect. Also I have
defined an VNC connection to the same machine and it works flawlessly, only
the ssh session is failing.

I don't know how to debug this. I have tried having a look to the logs, but
I don't know where they are. Under /var/log/tomcat7, there are 3 files:
catalina.err (empty), catalina.out (empty) and
localhost_access_log.2016-12-17.txt (with some information that doesn't seem
error related).

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Re: Cannot get SSH to work

Posted by doragasu <do...@hotmail.com>.
Never mind, I found the problem. It was not working because I had no fonts
installed on the machine. It tried to load monospace font and failed.
Installed Inconsolata and now it works perfect :)

RE: Cannot get SSH to work

Posted by Andy Pattrick <an...@horiba.com>.
This may not be your problem at all but I found that I received this same error when my Kaspersky anti-virus was blocking the traffic from the Guacamole server. I had to add the server URL to the AV 'safe list'.