Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/08/06 23:23:43 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6461 Create tracker importer for Google Code using gdata API

- **QA**: Dave Brondsema

---

** [tickets:#6461] Create tracker importer for Google Code using gdata API**

**Status:** code-review
**Labels:** import google-code
**Created:** Mon Jul 15, 2013 03:03 PM UTC by Cory Johns
**Last Updated:** Wed Jul 31, 2013 07:14 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Despite being marked for discontinuation on June 14th, 2013, the gdata API for Issues is still functional.  Since the gdata library should be easy to implement, it is worth implementing an importer using it while it still works, even if we have to replace it.

The [API documentation](https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/IssueTrackerAPIPython) indicates that authentication is required, but as there is no support for non-public issues and we're doing only reads, it would be good if we can avoid asking for a username / password.  (The [feed itself](https://code.google.com/feeds/issues/p/modwsgi/issues/full) doesn't require authentication.)  Another example using the API can be found [here](https://github.com/JetBrains/youtrack-rest-python-library/blob/master/python/googleCode2youtrack.py).

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/