Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "N, Vyshali" <Vy...@Honeywell.com> on 2018/10/22 04:11:15 UTC

Issue with PutSQL

Hi,

I'm using MySQL server(8.0.12) for my development and PutSQL processor in Nifi for inserting records in DB. I have downloaded mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar and pointed it in the DBCPConnectionPool setting but I'm getting an error,

 "Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory( client doesn't support authentication protocol supported by user, consider upgrading MySQL client) "

I guess there is no need to upgrade the client as I have downloaded the suitable version of jar file. Also, I have given full permission for the folder containing the jar file. Please let me know where I have gone wrong.

Thanks
Vyshali

RE: [External] Re: Issue with PutSQL

Posted by "N, Vyshali" <Vy...@Honeywell.com>.
Hi,

There were some jars of earlier version in the lib folder. After removing it, everything worked
Thanks for the help

Regards
Vyshali

I was able to connect MySQL Server 8.0.12 with mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar successfully, using username/password.

Here are the SQLs I used to create a MySQL user:
CREATE USER 'nifi'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'nifi'@'%';

Does your connection url have any configuration? Which NiFi version are you using?

Thanks,
Koji

Re: Issue with PutSQL

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.