Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vijay Balakrishnan <vb...@northpacific.com> on 2003/05/12 20:58:37 UTC

using cocoon for the view layer within struts with tiles

Hi,

I read the struts cocoon integration document at twikidata.org and it says
you can't use Cocoon if you use Struts with Tiles.I don't understand that.

Here is what i want to do:
Take data from a DB using business objects called from a Struts Action and
then pass/forward the data (maybe in xml format or resultsets) to a
stylesheet.The Cocoon stylesheet would transform the data to an excel format
and then send the output with the proper content type set to the output
stream instead of the excel HSSF serializer.I guess I want to use the Cocoon
engine but not the sitemap.xmap.

I have been looking at org.apache.cocoon.Main and the new
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.

Can anybody provide me any pointers on how to do this.I have been going
through the mailing list archives and documentation and am getting totally
confused.

My apologies if this question has already been answered.

Thanks,Vijay