Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob Wilkerson <r....@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 16:26:02 UTC

[users@httpd] SOT : SELinux Interference

In this case, I know what the problem is - SELinux - but I'm hoping
someone can help me understand why it's happening for my own
edification.  I have a webroot that's outside of the "standard"
webroot:  /opt/projects/htdocs.

I have Apache configured to recognize that directory and allow access,
of course, and I even bypass SELinux using "$ sudo chcon -R -t
httpd_sys_content_t /opt/projects/htdocs".  The problem is, though,
that I have a script which uses sed to update the index.htm file.  sed
dumps the output into a temporary file in /tmp and then I move the
temporary file to /opt/projects/htdocs, replacing the original
version.

It appears that this move is causing the SELinux bypass to close up.
I've added the chcon command to my script and it works fine, but I'm
hoping someone can enlighten me as to what's going on or help me
understand the rules of SELinux.

Thanks.

--

Rob Wilkerson