Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by "Van Den Berghe, Vincent" <Vi...@bvdinfo.com> on 2017/06/12 12:23:46 UTC

Pull requests

Hello,

I've done a couple of "pull requests",  but for some reason they do not appear. Maybe it's just as well. They are based on "master", which I understand is the most recent version now. I've made them on my current "clone" of the master. Maybe someone can review them and integrate them as they please.

The two pull requests are:
(1)
https://github.com/vvdb/lucenenet/commit/3e3dfd37e4d20107526a911b1e083519659248bf
This  implements the more efficient "Put" operation on memory mapped files, analogous to the "Get" operations which was implemented by yours truly as well.

(2) https://github.com/vvdb/lucenenet/commit/6437b37612c575662ececbf2c4b8a0f4c6830f09
This implements "LUCENE-5644: switch to simpler LIFO thread to ThreadState allocator during indexing". Technically, this is something from releases/lucene-solr/4.8.1, but profiling indicates it makes a huge difference in multithreaded scenarios and I had to implement it.  Tests have been adapted, and everything runs.

Vincent

RE: Pull requests

Posted by "Van Den Berghe, Vincent" <Vi...@bvdinfo.com>.
Hello Shad,

I've finally managed to do a pull request again. There must be something wrong with my brain.
I've pushed (2). I'll refrain to push (1).

Vincent