Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by David Anderson <da...@notiva.com> on 2002/08/27 03:57:27 UTC

SSL with NonGUI JMeter Session

Does anyone know if there is a problem with running HTTPS requests through JMeter when not using the GUI client.  I have gotten SSL to work with GUI client, but when I try to use the -n option in starting JMeter, I get the following exception, which in turn causes all of my HTTPS requests to return null pointer exceptions.

Thread Thread Group-1 started
KeyStore Type: JKS
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at org.apache.jmeter.util.SSLManager.getInstance(SSLManager.java:254)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:530)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:867)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:416)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:121)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: SSLContextImpl is not initialized
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLContextImpl.engineGetSocketFactory(DashoA6275)
        at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getSocketFactory(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContextSpiWrapper.engineGetSocketFactory(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContext.getSocketFactory(DashoA6275)
        at org.apache.jmeter.util.JsseSSLManager.getContext(JsseSSLManager.java:212)
        at org.apache.jmeter.util.JsseSSLManager.<init>(JsseSSLManager.java:131)
        ... 10 more

Does anyone know the trick to getting the SSL Cert Store initialized in NonGUI mode?

thanks in advance,

Dave

  _____

David R. Anderson
Technical Architect
10340 Viking Drive Suite 125
Eden Prairie, MN 55344 	P: 952.940.8278 x27
F: 952.941.4597	 david.anderson@notiva.com
www.notiva.com <http://www.notiva.com/>

  _____

Notiva-optimizing trade relationships.(tm)

  _____

Re: SSL with NonGUI JMeter Session

Posted by balamurugan <ba...@unilogin.com>.
Hi Arun,

Download the jmeter latest version.
Just extract that downloaded zip file.
Then you just go to the bin folder.
There you can see jmeter.bat
double click that file you can get the GUI of jmeter.

with regards,
bala

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: SSL with NonGUI JMeter Session

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
The current code seems a little different from what you're using, as far as I can tell.
You might want to try the most recent unstable release (1.7.3).

Also, using SSL causes dialogs to pop up requesting information.  It's possible this
is interfering with a non-gui run.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover