Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 16:44:46 UTC

2 Karaf daemons on one server

hi I would like to run 2 Karaf demons using this tutorial.

http://www.dropbit.ch/apache-karaf-3-0-1-as-a-daemon/

Is this possible? Maybe I would have two daemons with same name -
karaf-service. Have you tried this?

Re: 2 Karaf daemons on one server

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's the service wrapper as describe here:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/wrapper.html

Yes it's possible to run two daemons (but it's better to have different
name):
- you have to change all port numbers on each instance (to avoid ports
already bound issue)
- each instance use a difference karaf-wrapper.conf especially with the
location of the pid file

Regards
JB

On 12/12/2014 04:44 PM, rcbandit wrote:
> hi I would like to run 2 Karaf demons using this tutorial.
>
> http://www.dropbit.ch/apache-karaf-3-0-1-as-a-daemon/
>
> Is this possible? Maybe I would have two daemons with same name -
> karaf-service. Have you tried this?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net