Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by C M <d....@hotmail.com> on 2018/12/27 14:21:16 UTC

Difficulties uploading NBM to plugin portal

I am trying to upload a NBM file to the NetBens plugin portal, but am having a hard time doing so.

Following the ideas presented on the FaqPluginRequirements<http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqPluginRequirements>, I added the line nbm.module.author=My Name to the project.properties file, added the line OpenIDE-Module-Short-Description=Plugin Description to the Bundle.properties file, then added the line license.file=../util/license.txt to the project.properties file and then generated the keystore file and signed (correctly, I think) the NBM file. Finally, I did a "clean and build" to the project.

However, when uploading the file to the plugin portal, the following error is thrown: Error: There is moduleauthor attribute missing in the manifest file. See wiki for more info on plugin requirements.

I unpacked the NBM file and noticed that info/info.xml file doesn't have the moduleauthor tag. Do you guys have any idea on what I am possibly missing? I don't know if it is relevant, but it is a Maven project.

Kind regards!

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
Which version of JDK or OpenJDK do you have?

I had this problem when I only had JDK 11 available on my system. With JDK
11 *disabled* and using JDK 8, it worked fine.

I'm not sure if there is a quick fix but I deleted the NetBeans10 directory
and the cache directories (Windows it's in Users, Linux it's in ~/.netbeans)
unzipped Netbeans 10 again. DO NOT run Netbeans yet!
Edited /etc/netbeans.conf file (in the Netbeans directory to point to my
JDK 8
Run NetBeans (Windows /bin/netbean64.exe or Linux /bin/netbeans) and it
found that com.oracle.js.parser.implementation was missing, downloaded and
installed it and everything worked correctly.

There might be a quicker way but I haven't found it yet.

Best regards,
John

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
You are supposed to click on some button which will download from the
plugin portal the Oracle JS parser. (Some modules depend on it but for
licensing reasons Apache could not redistribute it).

--emi

http://coolbeans.xyz/ - CoolBeans: An IDE for Java, JavaEE, PHP and more!

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I can only reproduce something like this if I don't have a clean userdir
and cachedir. I'd recommend you remove all userdirs and cachedirs.

Gj

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
OK. Here we go:

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
OK. I'm running some tests now. I'll report back when I've finished.

The tests are (all on Linux Mint VMs):

Updating from NetBeans 10.VC5 with the com.oracle.js.parser.implementation
plugin *not* installed.
Updating from NetBeans 10.VC5 with the com.oracle.js.parser.implementation
plugin installed.

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I’d recommend we all take a look at this before you promote this via
YouTube.

Gj

On Thursday, December 27, 2018, John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk> wrote:

> I was using a fresh directory each time. It seems you've got to accept the
> error then install the Plugin via Tools>Plugins
>
> Best regards,
> John
>

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 at 19:16, Geertjan Wielenga <
> geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Make sure you’re using a fresh new user directory.
>>
>> Gj
>>

>> On Thursday, December 27, 2018, John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Although the JDK8 fix I mentioned in an earlier post works on Windows. I
>>> can't get it to work on Linux (Mint/Ubuntu).
>>>
>>> I've tried using the Oracle versions *and* the OpenJDK versions of:
>>>
>>> JDK8
>>> JDK11
>>> JRE8

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
OK, I think I've sussed it on Linux.

When you get the Warning Message, ignore it and continue the
installation (*don't
click Exit*).
Once Installed, go to "Tools>Plugins>Available Plugins" and you should see
the "Oracle Javascript Parser implementation." available there. Select it
and click install.

I'm just doing a video about it which should be ready in a couple of hours
- about 21.00 GMT/UTC (
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTz9lzhAchoI96nnt0Ick1Q).

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, but I am using openjdk 8.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve
>
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 11:35:28 -0500
> Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe Nashorn was deprecated as of Java 11?
> > https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/335
> >
> > Might try running with an earlier release of Java if you're using Java
> 11.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Carl
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 11:24 AM Steve Jacobs <steve@appalachianmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Warning - could not install some modules: Nashorn Integration - No
> > > module providing the capability com.oracle.js.parser.implementation
> > > could be found. 19 further modules could not be installed due to the
> > > above problems.

Carl J. Mosca

Re: Nashorn?

Posted by Steve Jacobs <st...@appalachianmail.com>.