Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Jesper Nygårds <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/20 16:01:53 UTC

CXF proxy for ws security

I have a scenario where I want to add wss signing to an outgoing web
service call. I am trying to accomplish this by using a cxf consumer and a
cxf producer wired together by camel as a simple proxy.

The idea is this: a system sends an un-signed SOAP request to our CXF web
service requiring no security. The call is then routed to a CXF client,
which signs th eoutgoing message using wss. This way, the original caller
does not concern itself with any security related issues.

I have included our spring configuration below. The problem is that the
call gets routed as it should through the two CXF beans, but the outgoing
call leaves the CXF client without being signed. There is no trace of any
wss headers in the outgoing call.

Turning on debugging, I can see that the WSS4JOutInterceptor is invoked,
and it writes to the debug messages that it has created a
xmldsig:SignedInfo element, but this is never added to the outgoing
message. Can anyone here throw some light on this problem?

Here's the configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:camel="
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
    xmlns:cxf="http://camel.apache.org/schema/cxf" xmlns:context="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context.xsd
       http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd
       http://camel.apache.org/schema/cxf
http://camel.apache.org/schema/cxf/camel-cxf.xsd">

    <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="receiveOutgoingMessageEndpoint"
wsdlURL="etc/SendOccupationalPensionService.wsdl"
address="/sendOccupationalPension"
        serviceName="s:SendOccupationalPensionService" xmlns:s="
http://ssek.ic.afa.se/">
        <cxf:properties>
            <entry key="dataFormat" value="MESSAGE" />
        </cxf:properties>
    </cxf:cxfEndpoint>

    <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="sendOutgoingMessageEndpoint" address="
http://localhost:8088/mockSendOccupationalPensionResponseToFKSOAPBinding">
        <cxf:properties>
            <entry key="dataFormat" value="MESSAGE" />
        </cxf:properties>
        <cxf:outInterceptors>
            <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor">
                <constructor-arg>
                    <map>
                        <entry key="action" value="Timestamp Signature" />
                        <entry key="user" value="myservicekey" />
                        <entry key="signatureKeyIdentifier"
value="DirectReference" />
                        <entry key="timeToLive" value="10800" />
                        <entry key="signaturePropFile"
value="classpath:etc/ssek.serviceKeystore.properties" />
                        <entry key="passwordCallbackRef">
                            <bean
class="se.afa.ic.ssek.ServiceKeystorePasswordCallback">
                                <constructor-arg>
                                    <value>myservicekey</value>
                                </constructor-arg>
                                <constructor-arg>
                                    <value>skpass</value>
                                </constructor-arg>
                            </bean>
                        </entry>
                        <entry key="signatureParts"
                            value="{Element}{
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd}Timestamp;{Element}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Body"
/>
                    </map>
                </constructor-arg>
            </bean>
        </cxf:outInterceptors>
    </cxf:cxfEndpoint>

    <camelContext id="camelContext" xmlns="
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
        <route trace="true">
            <from uri="cxf:bean:receiveOutgoingMessageEndpoint" />
            <to uri="cxf:bean:sendOutgoingMessageEndpoint" />
        </route>
    </camelContext>

</beans>

Re: CXF proxy for ws security

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Could Dan's and Willems' comments be added as a FAQ, and a reference
to it from the Camel CXF doc page?
This is good details in there that end users of Camel and CXF likely
would like to find more easier than what you can do today.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a comments for access the soap headers from other data format.
>
> PAYLOAD data format, you can access the soap header from CxfPayload which is store in the Camel Message body like this.
> CxfPayload payload = exchange.getIn().getBody(CxfPayload.class);
> List<SoapHeader> soapHeaders = payload.getHeaders();
>
> POJO data format, you can access the soap header like this
> List<SoapHeader> soapHeaders = CastUtils.cast((List<?>)exchange.getIn().getHeader(Header.HEADER_LIST));
>

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
>           http://jnn.javaeye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: willemjiang
>

> On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>

>> On Nov 21, 2012, at 5:51 AM, Jesper Nygårds <jesper.nygards@gmail.com (mailto:jesper.nygards@gmail.com)> wrote:
>>
>> > Great thanks, Daniel!
>> >
>> > That solved the problem. I have a hard time finding any documentation about
>> > CXF_MESSAGE mode. What is the difference between this and the PAYLOAD mode?
>>

>> MESSAGE (or RAW) pretty much is equivalent to passing a raw InputStream through the system. Most of CXF's handling is bypassed. For the most part, this would be very close to just using the Jetty or other http component, although there are somethings that the CXF component can do in this scenario (like generate the WSDL).
>>
>> CXF_MESSAGE mode is similar to the JAX-WS Message mode for Provider/Dispatch clients where the entire message is available in the route. All of the CXF processing is available as this is handled internally just like the Provider/Dispatches. Downside is that the entire message is parsed and is likely in memory (SAAJ).
>>
>> PAYLOAD mode is somewhat similar to the PAYLOAD mode for Provider/Dispatches. The only information available in the route is the contents of the soap:Body. However, CXF's processing is more optimized for this use case which, in some scenarios, allows streaming to continue for this. However, it's a StAX based streaming, not input/output stream based streaming like in MESSAGE/RAW mode. Also, in PAYLOAD mode, I believe that since it's just the body pushed through the route, things like headers are, by default, stripped off. In CXF_MESSAGE mode, you may need to write some code to remove headers. (conversely, in PAYLOAD mode, you may need code to copy headers if needed)
>>
>> There are upsides and downsides for each of the three modes.
>>

>> Dan
>>

>> > Jesper

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: CXF proxy for ws security

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: CXF proxy for ws security

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Nov 21, 2012, at 5:51 AM, Jesper Nygårds <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

>>>                                   <value>skpass</value>
>>>                               </constructor-arg>
>>>                           </bean>
>>>                       </entry>
>>>                       <entry key="signatureParts"
>>>                           value="{Element}{
>>>
>> http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd}Timestamp;{Element}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Body
>> "
>>> />
>>>                   </map>
>>>               </constructor-arg>
>>>           </bean>
>>>       </cxf:outInterceptors>
>>>   </cxf:cxfEndpoint>
>>>
>>>   <camelContext id="camelContext" xmlns="
>>> http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>>>       <route trace="true">
>>>           <from uri="cxf:bean:receiveOutgoingMessageEndpoint" />
>>>           <to uri="cxf:bean:sendOutgoingMessageEndpoint" />

Daniel Kulp

Re: CXF proxy for ws security

Posted by Jesper Nygårds <je...@gmail.com>.
Great thanks, Daniel!