Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Steven Liang <st...@yesup.com> on 2014/03/10 21:59:08 UTC

about openvswitch

Hi,

I found from the document that we can use openvswitch instead of
traditional bridge.
Who can tell me the benefit using openvswitch?
I used basic zone, and I cannot read usage info. If I use openvswitch,
can I get usage info?
Thank you.

Regards,
Steven

Re: about openvswitch

Posted by Carlos ReƔtegui <cr...@gmail.com>.
Steven,
I am using ovs on xenserver 6.0.2 and 6.1 with CS 4.1.  The main benefit for me was being able to create 4 nic bonds, with bridge you are limited to 2 nics per bond.  The downside however is that you can not use security groups in a basic network so I had to create an offering without them.  For my use that was ok.  This may have changed in more recent versions of CS.

-Carlos