Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by hadoop <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/27 16:43:55 UTC

Problem to kill jobs with java

Hi Folks,

I m using java client to run queries on hive, suggest me some way so that I
can kill the query whenever I need.

Or how can I find the jobid to kill it.

Regards

Vikas Srivastava

Re: Problem to kill jobs with java

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikas,
One basic way would be to get the  stdout after job submission and parse it to find jobid.
And run kill command whenever you need it.

-JJ

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
when you fire a hive query .. it returns with the job kill message
may be you can capture that and execute it as u need

--
Nitin Pawar