Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com> on 2009/06/23 22:59:01 UTC

RFC: Does a jboss deployer go into the qpid source tree

Question for folks:

A jboss deployer for exposing session beans over QMF will compile once
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1938 is commited. You can see
the code at http://github.com/bkearney/jboss-qmf.

A question for you guys.. should this type of continer specific code
reside in the qpid/qpid/java structure? If so, where? I dont think it
should be part of the mainline build. If not, where would folks suggest
it should live?

Thanks!

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: RFC: Does a jboss deployer go into the qpid source tree

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I would be fine with that.. it would require having the jboss code to do
> the build, but as long as it is optional I would think it would be ok.

How about putting it in qpid/java/contrib/containers/jboss ?

- Aidan

Re: RFC: Does a jboss deployer go into the qpid source tree

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Bryan,

Sorry I don't know enough about the legal side to say if this is ok or not.
It might be a good idea to ask the apache legal folks.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Bryan Kearney<bk...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>
>> Bryan,
>>
>> If JBoss code is needed for building then it might be an issue as
>> JBoss is using LGPL.
>> Any libraries that are checked into the lib dir in the project has to
>> have a compatible license.
>>
>> An alternative would be to use some form of abstraction with reflection.
>> This prevents the need for having JBoss libraries at compile time.
>> I used a similar strategy to support Realtime Java constructs.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith
>>

> Rajith:
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I was assuming a model where to build the contrib
> stuff the developer would need to download additional bits. Would that
> alleviate the issue? Or just add new issues?
>
> -- bk

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat