Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Ramya Virudhs <Ra...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/13 02:09:32 UTC

I am resending my mail.Please Please Please help!!!!

Hi ,
I am new to SOAP  and am trying to develop a proto using SOAP..Here are the
details..

The software ..

  Tomcat Ver 4.0
  My SQL Ver 3.23
  Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.0JDK 1.3.1

The scenario ..
I am trying to develop a simple mailing application using SOAP,jsp servlets
and mysql..
so i have a jsp(say mailJsp has the fields like a mail compose page) which
sends request to a servlet(say myservlet) which inturn creates a soap object
using the data from the jsp ,and uses the
connection.call(message,destination) method to transfer the soap obj..
here the destination points to another servlet (say receivingServlet)..which
recives a the soap object,
does some processing with the contents of the soap body(say database inserts
etc)and returns the
response as a soap object..which is returned ,processed and displayed by
myservlet..

The problem..

This sequence works fine as long as i send a simple textual content...The
problem is that i am trying to do a file upload from the jsp..which is like
sending an attachment with the mail..

what i propose to do is..make a file upload from a browser,and save it in a
specific in the servlet
container as the url which is the parameter for creating the datahandler
identifies the file only if its in the context...then transfer the file
contents using soap and then retrieve it in the recievingServlet and write
it on to a file again..

Somehow this seems to be too tedious a process for a proto and i am also
running short of time.All i need to do is a file transfer from a browser
using soap...

The Question..

Can any one help me on this?Is there a way of sending the file content using
soap from the jsp ??
Any help is appreciated..

Thanks in advance,
Ramya