Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com> on 2012/03/29 15:49:31 UTC

[Announce] Solr 4.0 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.1, NRT now supports both RankingAlgorithm and Lucene

I am very excited to announce the availability of Solr 4.0 with
RankingAlgorithm 1.4.1 (NRT support) (build 2012-03-19). The NRT
implementation now supports both RankingAlgorithm and Lucene.

RankingAlgorithm 1.4.1 has improved performance over the earlier release
(1.4) and supports the entire Lucene Query Syntax, ± and/or boolean
queries and is compatible with the new Lucene 4.0 api.

You can get more information about NRT performance from here:
http://solr-ra.tgels.org/wiki/en/Near_Real_Time_Search_ver_4.x

You can download Solr 4.0 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.1 from here:
http://solr-ra.tgels.org

Please download and give the new version a try.

Regards,

Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.org
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.org

Re: [Announce] Solr 4.0 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.1, NRT now supports both RankingAlgorithm and Lucene

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.
The NRT implementation which is different from the soft commit
implementation is being contributed back to the Solr source. This should
happen anytime now.

The RA is closed source so I am not sure how this could be contributed
or made available as a module. Will explore this option.

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: [Announce] Solr 4.0 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.1, NRT now supports both RankingAlgorithm and Lucene

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.