Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com> on 2022/06/20 23:09:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.40.0, candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.40.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
C79DDD47DAF3808F0B9DDFAC02B2D9F742008494 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.40.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.4 and openjdk version "1.8.0_232".
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.40.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
-P.

*P.S.:* Dataflow containers have not yet been pushed, so please hold off
before testing that. I'll push them by tomorrow.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/beam/releases/tag/untagged-c5c3f847bb360d87ac15
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.40.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1274/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.40.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/632
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.40.0rc1/
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1844197258
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.40.0, candidate #1

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Ok thanks all for your validations. I will create a new RC.
Feel free to validate any other Java artifacts in the meantime.
Best
-P.

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.

Posted by Andy Ye <ye...@google.com>.