Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/10 03:47:41 UTC

Experiment with Chukwa trunk

Hi,

I have written some instructions on how to deploy Chukwa 0.5
pre-release system with HBase.  Instructions are available here:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start

Suggestions and feedback are welcome.

regards,
Eric

Re: Experiment with Chukwa trunk

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
> Hence, I am making Hbase a required component for trunk for a full end to end deployment.

Does that mean it's not required for a minimal end to end deployment? :)

I think it's fine to have HICC require HBase, and I hope to use it at
some point. But I think users should still be able to use the
agent/collector/demux part of Chukwa without requiring HBase if they
don't need that functionality.

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
I think I'm with Bill on this.

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.