Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Antony Pulicken <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/12 12:33:01 UTC

Using Synchronization Task for provisioning to multiple target systems

Hi,

We are using Syncope 0.7.1 and we are able to successfully synchronize
users from AD to Syncope.

What we would like to do now it to automatically provision these users to
multiple target systems once it's synched to Syncope from AD. I'm not able
to figure out how this configuration can be done using Syncope console. Can
you please guide me on this? In the earlier version of Syncope that we were
using, we had extended PropagationManager to achieve this.

By the way, I have not got any mails from this group even though I'm
subscribed to this group since few weeks. So, please copy on this mail id
as well when you respond.

Thanks and Regards,
Antony.

Re: Using Synchronization Task for provisioning to multiple target systems

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 12/03/2012 12:33, Antony Pulicken wrote:
> [...]
>
> By the way, I have not got any mails from this group even though I'm
> subscribed to this group since few weeks. So, please copy on this mail
> id as well when you respond.

Hi Anthony,
this is happening simply because your e-mail is the first one for
syncope-user@incubator.apache.org [1] [2].

So, congratulations for this :-)

Cheers.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-syncope-user/201202.mbox/browser
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-syncope-user/201203.mbox/browser

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Using Synchronization Task for provisioning to multiple target systems

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 13/mar/2012, alle ore 06.54, Antony Pulicken ha scritto:

> Thanks Fabio.
>
> I configured an user Template for the synchronization task like you mentioned and the only thing I configured in the user template is LDAP resource. After that, I created a user in AD and executed the sync task again from the syncope console. The user got created in syncope and also got successfully provisioned to LDAP, and I can see a CREATE task in the task list with the status as success .
>
> But I also see an additional Update task with the status as 'FAILURE'  and the task detail has the following error message.
>
> [LDAP: error code 68 - The entry uid=user305,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net cannot be added because an entry with that name already exists]
>
> Do you know why it's happening? Why an 'Update' is getting triggered automatically ? Please let me know in case you have any suggestions.

Hi Antony,
this issue has been fixed into the trunk. Unfortunately I am not able to retrieve the closed issue on googlecode.

The fix will be provided with the next early official release. Up to this release you can check your case with the latest available SNAPSHOT.

Regards,
F.

Posted by Antony Pulicken <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fabio.