Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> on 2015/05/18 14:50:12 UTC

[Discuss] LVS load balancer support for Apache Stratos

Hi All,

Following is the implementation workflow we are planing with the LVS load
balancer extension for Stratos.

1. We are passing the virtual IPs with service names when starting the LVS
extension.LVS extension will check if this service exists in the
topology.If this service exists in the topology, extension will write the
configuration related to the "keepalived"[1][2].Otherwise it will give the
warning message to the user.Please note that this LVS extension can execute
as a standalone service.(As similar with our current haproxy and nginx
extensions)

2. If any service need to use the LVS as a load balancer it needs to pass
its related LVS virtual IP with cartridge "subscribableInfo".Those
subscriber info will pass to the payload of that cartridge.

3. We will write the plugin at python agent to get this LVS virtual IP from
the payload and create a dummy interface in the real server.[See Real
Server Setup section in ref 2]

Please share your thoughts on this.

[1] http://www.keepalived.org/pdf/UserGuide.pdf
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uGWZu4WRQY8IP9ysS8MjlTfvNISXguPY6KoFkXFfXW0/edit

Thanks,
Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead

Re: [Discuss] LVS load balancer support for Apache Stratos

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
+1 . Will schedule a Google Hangout for this.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Gayan,

Great work! Shall we have a public Google Hangout to demonstrate the
features of this load balancer extension?

Thanks

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Now we have completed the developments of "keepalived"configuration
> generation through the lvs extension.It supports the regeneration of master
> and slave configuration in the case of real server scale up and down.
> Please refer the INSTALL.md[1] file which describes how to install the lvs
> extension for "keepalived" configuration generation.
>
> Related developments are pushed into the "lvs_extension" branch.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/lvs_extension/extensions/load-balancer/lvs-extension/INSTALL.md
>
> Thanks,
> Gayan
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Following is the implementation workflow we are planing with the LVS load
>> balancer extension for Stratos.
>>
>> 1. We are passing the virtual IPs with service names when starting the
>> LVS extension.LVS extension will check if this service exists in the
>> topology.If this service exists in the topology, extension will write the
>> configuration related to the "keepalived"[1][2].Otherwise it will give the
>> warning message to the user.Please note that this LVS extension can execute
>> as a standalone service.(As similar with our current haproxy and nginx
>> extensions)
>>
>> 2. If any service need to use the LVS as a load balancer it needs to pass
>> its related LVS virtual IP with cartridge "subscribableInfo".Those
>> subscriber info will pass to the payload of that cartridge.
>>
>> 3. We will write the plugin at python agent to get this LVS virtual IP
>> from the payload and create a dummy interface in the real server.[See Real
>> Server Setup section in ref 2]
>>
>> Please share your thoughts on this.
>>
>> [1] http://www.keepalived.org/pdf/UserGuide.pdf
>> [2]
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uGWZu4WRQY8IP9ysS8MjlTfvNISXguPY6KoFkXFfXW0/edit
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gayan
>>
>> --
>>
>> Gayan Gunarathne
>> Technical Lead
>> WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
>> email  : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 766819985
>>

> --
>
> Gayan Gunarathne
> Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
> email  : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 766819985

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] LVS load balancer support for Apache Stratos

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.