Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Chiron <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/29 09:22:37 UTC

Is a jar repository necessary?

hi, I created a bundle which would export packages for jar files in a
specified folder.
i used refection to access the private fields. which is not a good way,
however i did not modify felix,so it would not intervene the other bundles.

but when i tested some frameworks, some worked, some not, if the framework
has its own way to load resources, like spring. which load resource from the
bootstrap classloader other than the class's classloader.then it failed to
start.

i think a jar repository is necessary, since for current now, not a lot
frameworks support OSGi, we still need to use jars.
if the framework supports this function it would be a lot easier.
and for the jars, if we set a naming convention, like
name.major.minor.micro.jar, we can control the version. felix already has
ExtentionManager to export JDK classes,
so why not export more?

Re: Is a jar repository necessary?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Why not just run the JARs through BND and make bundles out of them?

-> richard