Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vinay Kumar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/08 08:18:05 UTC

Kafka Cluster- consumer issue

Hi,

I setup Kafka Cluster with 3 kafka brokers in 3 separate VMs.

Upon testing the Fault tolerance among the 3 brokers, I see an issue with
the Consumer in displaying messages.

 >> The below command display the messages, along with a content
stating “*Using
the ConsoleConsumer with old consumer is deprecated and will be removed in
a future major release. Consider using the new consumer by passing
[bootstrap-server] instead of [zookeeper].*“

      bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper vm1:2181,vm2:2181,vm3:2181
-topic multikafka --from-beginning

Using the ConsoleConsumer with old consumer is deprecated and will be
removed in a future major release. Consider using the new consumer by
passing [bootstrap-server] instead of [zookeeper].

testing multikafka cluster

test2t

est

But, when tried by giving --bootstrap instead of --zookeeper as suggested
in the content, no messages are being displayed.

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --bootstrap-server vm1:9092,vm2:9092,vm3:9092
-topic multikafka --from-beginning

Is this a bug ? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vinay