Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Dan Finkelstein <da...@nosimpler.com> on 2005/11/06 08:05:49 UTC

How to parse a directory path?

Hi --

I have a number of directories on which I wish to run the same ant build
file.  I implemented something using <subant> and <dirlist> which
correctly calls a common build file for each directory.  The problem is
that, when this build file is running, I need to know the name of the
directory it is running in.

For example, say, I have directories such as:
             src/localization/fr
             src/localization/de
             src/localization/es

I would like a property to be set to "fr", "de" and "es", respectively,
so that my build file can act on this.

Can you suggest a solution for this?

Thanks much,
Dan

Re: How to parse a directory path?

Posted by Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com>.
You could use the <propertyregex> task from ant-contrib
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/propertyregex.html
 Example (untested):
 <property name="full.path.example" value="src/localization/fr"/>
<propertyregex property="dir.example" input="${full.path.example}"
regexp=".*/" replace=""/>
 At this point the dir.example property has the value "fr".
 -Andrew