Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/19 16:52:05 UTC

[camel-jdbc] opens one thread per update query until db error

I have a route that writes into data base:

from(...).<some preporcessing with split and aggregate>
.threads(10)
.process(createDBquery)
.to(jdbc:db)

My problem is that createDBquery are working in 10 threads (as configured)
but it seems that jdbc-component opens 1 thread per query. So for 1000
exchanges i see 1000 threads. On my oracle db i hit " ORA-01000: maximum
open cursors exceeded" (my db's limit is 1000 cursors)

If i sent 1200 exchanges i hit the error 200 times!

So why so many threads and not 10 at maximum? I want to limit the threads to
10.

Re: [camel-jdbc] opens one thread per update query until db error

Posted by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com>.
fixed it myself:

the problem was that i used the same endpoint to read and write data (both
jdbc). The endpoint was set to use streamlist as output type that caused the
problem.
Now i am using 2 different endpoint (cumbersome to create 2 distinct
endpoints for endpoints that are singleton) and the one to write data uses
default output type - problem solved.