Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Bennett <jb...@gcftech.com> on 2007/08/13 22:42:52 UTC

Punctuation Spam Lately

Over the past few days, I’ve been seeing a ton of spam with every second letter replace with punctuation or other symbol that are getting past SA.  Are there any Rulesets out there that can take care of this?  I am using SARE and most of the SA plugins.  You can see a sample here:

http://www.gcftech.com/spam2.jpg

Thanks!

J.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: Punctuation Spam Lately

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Bill Landry wrote:

> Jason Bennett wrote:
> > Over the past few days, I've been seeing a ton of spam with every second letter replace with punctuation or other symbol that are getting past SA.  Are there any Rulesets out there that can take care of this?  I am using SARE and most of the SA plugins.  You can see a sample here:
> >
> > http://www.gcftech.com/spam2.jpg
>
> Grab the chickenpox.cf and mangled.cf rules from:
>
> http://www.rulesemporium.com/other-rules.htm
>
> they hit quite nicely on these types of spam.

There's a perl script here that lets you generate your own
custom-scored obfuscated word rules file:

  http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/antispam/

 [Small arms] are fundamentally dangerous and their removal from the
 equation either by control, neutralisation or removal is essential.
 The first step is to gain information on their numbers and
 whereabouts.         -- the UN, who "doesn't want to confiscate guns"
 2 days until The 62nd anniversary of the end of World War II

Re: Punctuation Spam Lately

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@inetmsg.com>.
Jason Bennett wrote:
> Over the past few days, I’ve been seeing a ton of spam with every second letter replace with punctuation or other symbol that are getting past SA.  Are there any Rulesets out there that can take care of this?  I am using SARE and most of the SA plugins.  You can see a sample here:
>
> http://www.gcftech.com/spam2.jpg
>
> Thanks!
>
> J.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Grab the chickenpox.cf and mangled.cf rules from:

http://www.rulesemporium.com/other-rules.htm

they hit quite nicely on these types of spam.

Bill

RE: Punctuation Spam Lately

Posted by Jason Bennett <jb...@gcftech.com>.
Thanks.. The message I get is actually text, I put it in an image for simplicity for myself.

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.