Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/04/12 08:44:06 UTC

How do you like working for SUN???

Hey.

So how do you like working for SUN?  Everything you expected?

The reason I ask is that I was offered a position in Seattle (no... not
for Microsoft :) to work on Jetspeed full time.  :)

It would be a similar deal that you have with SUN but just the opposite
commute.

Has it worked out so far?  Do people within SUN understand?  Any
misunderstandings?  Any advice?

Thanks.

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org

Re: How do you like working for SUN???

Posted by Anil Vijendran <ak...@pipedream.org>.
Oh jeez Kevin, I don't even know where to start.... These corportate types
have no clue.... they are still thinking about making money with software.
I wish people were as clued into things as you and I were... Sheesh.

People in Sun.... hmmm. That's such  a different story, we should talk
about over beer or something.

Anyway, man, I'd thing real hard about this stuff... I can't offer you a
whole lot of suggestions; its waaay too complicated. You and I know
open-source is the panacea to everything but these people still need to
learn.

Dude, I really hope it works out for you.... if you still need to chat or
something, don't hesitate to sync up with me.

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding around here; these don't represent the views
of my employer, whoever that may be :-)

"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> Hey.
>
> So how do you like working for SUN?  Everything you expected?
>
> The reason I ask is that I was offered a position in Seattle (no... not
> for Microsoft :) to work on Jetspeed full time.  :)
>
> It would be a similar deal that you have with SUN but just the opposite
> commute.
>
> Has it worked out so far?  Do people within SUN understand?  Any
> misunderstandings?  Any advice?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
> http://relativity.yi.org
> Message to SUN:  "Please Open Source Java!"
> "For evil to win is for good men to do nothing."
> Open Source -> Join the conspiracy!

Peace, Anil +<:-)