Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2008/07/15 14:28:50 UTC

Re: new field in CustomerRequestType?

Jacopo,

what i want to be able to do is, is to list customer requests which need
to be handled by a certain internal department depending on the customer
request type. Can you explain how can i do this with what you propose
below?

can you also tell me your objections of adding the field 'partyId' to
the 'customer request type' entity?

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 15, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> what i want to be able to do is, is to list customer requests which
> need
> to be handled by a certain internal department depending on the
> customer
> request type. Can you explain how can i do this with what you propose
> below?

What I have described would be one of the many solutions for this, not
the best one probably, just the first I could think of.

> can you also tell me your objections of adding the field 'partyId' to
> the 'customer request type' entity?

It just seems to me an hack for a very customer specific requirement,
and I am not sure it is worth of a data model change.
For example, why mapping a department to a request type, and not, for
example, to the CustRequestCategory or to the customer (or its
classification)?
By the way, I don't want to be picky, it seems to me that having that
field there would be counter-intuitive but maybe it is just me...

Regards,

Jacopo