Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Astle <ta...@nbnet.nb.ca> on 2013/01/16 03:14:06 UTC

maven-nar-plugin (version?)

I'm trying out the maven-nar-plugin and I found a version on maven
central that has the following
signature: org.codeswarm:maven-nar-plugin:20121119

I didn't see 20121119 as a tag in the versions listed here:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NAR

The source seems pretty much the same as the head of the master
(https://github.com/duns/maven-nar-plugin) as I used that to step
through the debugger tosee if I could identify an issue.

My question is, "Is there an official
org.apache.maven.plugin:maven-nar-plugin deployed?"

I didn't see it in Apache Snapshots.
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/
and the "org.codeswarm" groupId on Maven Central makes me think that
someone just took the master and deployed their own, unofficial, release.

Can an official snapshot or possible tagged release be deployed to the
Apache Maven Repos?

Tim

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Stephen,

> I assume you are renaming it to
>
> nar-maven-plugin
>
> To remove the confusion and clarify that this is not a plugin
> originating from the maven project

Yep, I filed an issue after the last conversation about it:

    https://github.com/maven-nar/maven-nar-plugin/issues/9

Regards,
Curtis

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Martin Eisengardt <ma...@gmail.com>.
I will setup the hudson/jenkins to build and setup a small repository for
new versions on the github project. Give me some days. :)

However this wont perform the test cases yet (the need native build on
various platforms).
But as soon as possible this will solved.

I think as soon as we finished merging all the branches and forks we can
start to bring up new versions to maven central.
Please contact me directly if you want to have configuration permissions on
the hudson (those that are already comitters on the maven-nar group at
github).

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Tim,

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Tim Astle <ta...@nbnet.nb.ca>.

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>.
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:22:33PM -0500, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Nar is not a product of the Maven PMC, and so will never be an
> official org.apache.maven.plugin anything.

Right, but whose product is it today and how do we find the latest
official release?

There's an app for that:  your browser

Re: maven-nar-plugin (version?)

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.