Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Keith Seim <ke...@kjsdesigns.com> on 2003/06/30 13:44:07 UTC

keeping track of variables

My site is essentially a tree structure of pages - as the user
progresses further down they access more specialized content - and most
progress through the tree results in adding a variable to the already
existing stack.

 From my previous programming experience, I expect I should handle these
variable by inserting them into page.getSession() (as well as context
for the template designer to use)... I couldn't find anything
descriptive on this in the howtos... any ideas before I start filling up
session?

Thanks

Re: keeping track of variables

Posted by Keith Seim <ke...@kjsdesigns.com>.
Thanks both Fabio and Scott.  Both solutions are useful, just wanted to
make sure I wasn't running myself into a brick wall :)

Cheers
Keith

Posted by Fabio Daprile <fa...@wuerth-phoenix.com>.
Hello Keith,

************************************

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Keith Seim wrote:

> From my previous programming experience, I expect I should handle
> these variable by inserting them into page.getSession() (as well as
> context for the template designer to use)... I couldn't find anything
> descriptive on this in the howtos... any ideas before I start filling
> up session?

Look at data.getUser().setTemp()/getTemp().  Ultimately
this is just a convenient way of putting the data in the
session.

Scott

--
Scott Eade