Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Richard, Troy" <Tr...@blackhillscorp.com> on 2009/05/12 22:09:09 UTC

Problem with Ant and MailLogger

I'm getting the following error message:

MailLogger failed to send e-mail!
java.io.IOException: Unexpected reply to command: HELO L00113: 451 4.7.0 Timeout
 waiting for client input
        at org.apache.tools.mail.MailMessage.send(MailMessage.java:445)
        at org.apache.tools.mail.MailMessage.sendHelo(MailMessage.java:411)
        at org.apache.tools.mail.MailMessage.<init>(MailMessage.java:176)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger.sendMail(MailLogger.java:273
)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger.buildFinished(MailLogger.jav
a:141)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.fireBuildFinished(Project.java:2037)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)

I cannot seem to figure out where my problem is.  I'm trying to build a java project using the Websphere java environment.  Here is the command I'm trying to execute.

call %ANT_HOME%/bin/ant.bat -buildfile SampleWebProject.xml -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger -DrunFromMain=true -verbose buildTest

Where %ANT_HOME% = c:\apache-ant-1.7.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Troy

Troy B. Richard
Applications Manager for Exploration & Production
Black Hills Corporation
o: 303.566.3360
c: 303.518.6483
e: troy.richard@blackhillscorp.com<ma...@blackhillscorp.com>

________________________________
This electronic message transmission contains information from Black Hills Corporation, its affiliate or subsidiary, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware the disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to sender immediately; then delete this message without copying it or further reading.

RE: Problem with Ant and MailLogger

Posted by "Richard, Troy" <Tr...@blackhillscorp.com>.
I do have a project properties file and it has the following defined.

MailLogger.mailhost = mail.myserver.com
MailLogger.from = trichard@blackhillscorp.com
MailLogger.failure.to = trichard@blackhillscorp.com
MailLogger.success.to = trichard@blackhillscorp.com
MailLogger.failure.subject = ${app.name} Build Failure
MailLogger.success.subject = ${app.name} Build Success

I have used this ant script to build in a weblogic environment, but when I change the JAVA_HOME location to use websphere it fails.  However if I use the JAVA_HOME location for weblogic it works just fine.  So I'm not sure if it has something to do with the java environment or if it is ANT.

Thanks
Troy

I am only slightly familiar with this, but don't you have to have a
MailLogger.properties file defined and passed to the mail logger with
-DMailLogger.properties.file=<yourfile>

Posted by "Cole, Derek E" <de...@lmco.com>.

Posted by "Richard, Troy" <Tr...@blackhillscorp.com>.
Thanks, I upgraded my JAVA SDK to the SR 8a version and it works now.

Thanks
Troy

Posted by Eric Fetzer <el...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Richard, Troy" <Tr...@blackhillscorp.com>.

Posted by Francis Galiegue <fg...@one2team.com>.

--
Francis Galiegue
fge@one2team.com

RE: Problem with Ant and MailLogger

Posted by "Richard, Troy" <Tr...@blackhillscorp.com>.
It is reachable, I have several java applications using javax.mail to send success and failure emails that send out through the same mail server and those all go through fine.

Thanks
Troy

Posted by Francis Galiegue <fg...@one2team.com>.