Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antonios Peris <ap...@largemedium.com> on 2002/03/05 18:16:47 UTC

Oracle XDK problem with Tomcat4.0

I have a problem configuring Tomcat4.0 with the XSQLServlet shipped with the XDK (Java API for Oracle).

I was able to configure it with Tomcat 3.2 but NOT with 4.0.

My configuration is as follows:

in TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib I have placed

xsu12.jar
oraclexsql.jar
xmlparserv2.jar

Now I had problems with the classes12.zip file which I had to extract into
TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes in order to avoid the "ClassNotFoundException" about the Oracle JDBC.

Instead the tomcat can now find the JDBC drivers in the classes directory unzipped. ok that worked but.....

Now the last thing I needed to do was to place the XSQLConfig.xml file into Tomcat classpath. So I put it in TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes. But after extracting the jdbc driver package into that directory this xml file cannot be foud anymore by Tomcat??, (no problem when the jdbc cdrivers where not there!!???)

I have also edited catalina.bat and setclasspath.bat (using Windows for this one) so that it can search for this xml file but without any luck.

So if anyone have been able to properly set up XSQLServlet with Tomcat4.0 can you please help me out with this one???

I got this up running with tomcat 3.2 but the configuration is not the same for Tomcat4.0. It also works with JServ but that too is another story.

This is strange and Oracle themselves is silent about it, also I have not found one single developer that was able to make it run correcty.
So anyone out there who can solve this?

Thanks
/Antonios

Re: Oracle XDK problem with Tomcat4.0

Posted by Shiv Kumar MN <sh...@majoris.com>.
We have been using Oracle XDK with Oracle db and Tomcat 4.0.1 without
any problem, however we are not using XSQLConfig.xml config file as we do
not need it.

I just wanted to clarify one thing, you do not have to extract "classes12.zip"
(if you are using JDK 1.3 then it will be "classes13.zip") and do not have to
place extracted files into common/classes. The recommended way is to rename
"classes12.zip" to "classes12.jar" and place the jar file in common/lib of Tomcat.

  - Shiv.