Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2015/05/19 08:52:51 UTC

Welcome to our new committers

Hi,

I find weird to welcome new committers before it's officially announced but since we have already a commit and a lot of comments, I think it's time to
congratulates you new committer, welcome on board :)

Jacques

Re: Welcome to our new committers

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Welcome Guys :)

We have some breads on the "tabla" !

Nicolas

Posted by Darrell Donati <da...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to all of the new committers :)

Re: SPAM/ Re: Welcome to our new committers

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.
As an end user (and chronic lurker) I enjoy seeing this kind of activity as it helps build my confidence in the platform. When we were evaluating ERP options several years ago, one of our top requirements was a strong competent and growing community that showed indicators for long term success.  Many open source ERP packages have stagnated and examining the community list is a good indicator of what's going on, so this activity on the user list is great marketing for OFbiz.

--Paul (From Mobile)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Schneider <ms...@it-infrastrukturen.org>.
Hi guys

--
ms@it-infrastrukturen.org

http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org

Posted by Anahita Goljahani <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks Jacopo. Thanks Michael for your comment, I completely forgot that
bot may take email ID from there and may generate so many unwanted emails
to user mail box.

--
Ashish

--
Sent from my iPad

Re: Welcome to our new committers

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thank you Michael,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
On May 20, 2015, at 2:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> I think I will also move this page to the open wiki if nobody is against...
>
> Jacques

I agree, and in the process we could remove the comments at its bottom (no more useful) and maybe clean it a little bit (but this could be more easily done if it is in the Wiki).

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Ashish,

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Team,

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks Jacopo for the official announcement email.

Congrats to all the new committers!!! :-)

--
Kind Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Indeed a hearty welcome to all. And kudos to Jacopo for this terrific
announcement.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Sigoigne <gu...@nomaka.fr>.
Congratulations for all new commiters !

Guillaume Sigoigne
Nomaka

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pm...@gmail.com>.
As an end-user of OFBiz, we are very excited to see the team grow to help improve this already amazing product.
—Paul

Posted by Gil portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
Congratulations to all !

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
On May 19, 2015, at 11:37 AM, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> As for announcing rather on user ML I'm on the same page than Pierre, the larger the audience the better. Those announcements are sufficiently rare, they will not bloat the user ML.

user list: where users of the Apache OFBiz product can discuss about it
dev list: where developers of the Apache OFBiz product can discuss about their work

Based on the above, it seems more appropriate to me to announce new committers in the dev list; but it is a minor topic.

Jacopo

Re: Welcome to our new committers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 19/05/2015 11:21, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> On May 19, 2015, at 10:00 AM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the 8 years that I have been contributing to this project I have - as
>> far as I can tell, but I may have overlook a few emails - never seen an
>> announcement of new committers and new PMC Members in the user ML
> In fact the dev list is more appropriate for this kind of announcements.
> Or even better, we should start considering to merge the two list into one for all human communications and then create a separate list for automated notifications (Jira, commits, builds etc...).
>
> Jacopo

I'm not against having a separated list for automated notifications, though for now I simply filter them in my email client, et voilà.
I'd not go as far as merging the 2 lists (dev + user) because this separation seems logical to me and it would be difficult to create email clients
filters to separate the 2 flux.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
In the 8 years that I have been contributing to this project I have - as
far as I can tell, but I may have overlook a few emails - never seen an
announcement of new committers and new PMC Members in the user ML by the
PMC, except for 1 (Sharan).

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jaques,