Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mathur, Arun" <ar...@lmco.com> on 2004/03/03 22:16:13 UTC

Uploading a file using JSPs

Hi guys,

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to configuring Tomcat, and also with
building JSPs, although thanks to the useful examples and documentation,
I've been able to pick it up pretty quickly.

Anyways, I am interested in using the utilties provided in the
commons-fileupload-1.0.jar file. I downloaded it to the
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib folder. When I tried to import
org.apache.commons.fileupload.*, I get an error stating that the package
doesn't exist. For the hell of it, I made a standalone java program with the
same import statement, and it worked fine.  Does anyone have any thoughts as
to what else I can do to troubleshoot this problem further?  I am running
Tomcat-4.1.27.

Thanks,
Arun