Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by silver95 <cc...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/15 02:37:09 UTC

Continuum 1.1 / 1.2 and multiple modules

Hi,

I've seen a lot of threads about this subject and I would like a very simple
answer :

I've got a project with this structure :
root
-parent
----->pom.xml
-moduleA
----->pom.xml
-moduleB
----->pom.xml

Does Continuum 1.1 and 1.2 can manage this structure ?
It seems that it does not understand relative path (ie ../moduleA and
../moduleB)

Thanks for your help

Re: Continuum 1.1 / 1.2 and multiple modules

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
I clicked the "Build all projects" button on the 'Project Group
Summary' tab, which built all the projects in the Continuum project
group in the correct order.

--
Wendy

Posted by Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com>.
Wendy,

--
Cordialement
Fabien Tillay

Re: Continuum 1.1 / 1.2 and multiple modules

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Si I'm gonna reformulate my question :
> Is it possible with Continuum 1.1 or 1.2 to build a parent pom recursively :
>
> - With this structure
>
> Root
> -parent
> ----->pom.xml
> -moduleA
> ----->pom.xml
> -moduleB
> ----->pom.xml

No, you can't do a recursive build from the parent with this
structure.  When you add a project with this structure, Continuum
checks out the following:

/path/to/working-copies/1/pom.xml
/path/to/working-copies/2/pom.xml
/path/to/working-copies/3/pom.xml

Assuming '1' is the parent pom, if you change to that directory and
type 'mvn install', it will fail because ../moduleA and ../moduleB do
not exist.

However as I mentioned, using the 'Build all projects' button does work.

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum 1.1 / 1.2 and multiple modules

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2008/11/15 Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com>:
> Si I'm gonna reformulate my question :
> Is it possible with Continuum 1.1 or 1.2 to build a parent pom recursively :
>
> - With this structure
>
> Root
> -parent
> ----->pom.xml
> -moduleA
> ----->pom.xml
> -moduleB
> ----->pom.xml
>

> - With this structure
>
> Root
> -pom.xml
> -moduleA
> ----->pom.xml
> -moduleB
> ----->pom.xml

Yes use this structure (when adding the project use the checkbox with
"For multi modules project, load only root as recursive build" or
"Pour les projets multi modules, charger uniquement la racine comme
une construction récursive" in the Molière language :-) ).
I use at work wihout any issue.

--
Olivier

Posted by Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com>.