Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Apache Software Foundation <hu...@Apache.Org> on 2002/05/10 16:57:54 UTC

Re: 2.0.36

Not acked.  Please Cc me when responding.

----- Forwarded message from Marc Pitoniak <ma...@worldnet.att.net> -----

From: "Marc Pitoniak" <ma...@worldnet.att.net>
To: <hu...@Apache.Org>
Subject: 2.0.36
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:42:14 -0500

Are you planning on providing a Win-32 no source-precompiled installation
for version 2.0.36?

Thank you very much.

Marc Pitoniak

----- End forwarded message -----

--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: 2.0.36

Posted by Jerry Baker <je...@weirdness.com>.
Jerry Baker wrote:

> There is no "-no_src" version there that I can see. Just
> apache_2.0.36-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi.
>
> --
> Jerry Baker

It took me reading that a few times to realize that it was only
applicable to the 1.3.X releases. I'm not sure how to make it more clear
though.

--
Jerry Baker

Re: 2.0.36

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 10:50 AM 5/10/2002, you wrote:
>"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > Not acked.  Would anyone care to reread the notes at /dist/httpd/ and
> > /dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ and see if they can figure out how someone
> > fails to get from 'here' to 'there'?  As I just revised 'em, apparently my
> > reasoning was incomplete. Another set of eyes would be great.
>
>Well, http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ says:
>
>"The two -no_src versions, both the .exe and .msi installers DO NOT
>contain the source code. There is no other difference, and if you do not
>know the C language, or have no C compiler installed, these versions are
>faster to download. There is no other difference between these packages
>and the -src .msi version."
>
>There is no "-no_src" version there that I can see. Just
>apache_2.0.36-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi.

ahhh.  Now I see confusion.  You would be reading the 1.3 section.  If you
follow to the 2.0 section, I believe I spelled out that we don't know how we
want to blend the source tree into a distro, so the 2.0 section spells out
where to find the sources.

For starters, it's probably time to reverse the 1.3 and 2.0 sections.  And
spell out apache_1.3.x-win32-x86-no_src.msi so it's not so ambigious.

I'll get to those over the weekend.

Re: 2.0.36

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: 2.0.36