Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/05/14 15:33:06 UTC

Mahout, Machine Time and Students

Hi Mahouts,

If anyone has cluster/cloud time they are willing to donate for a class of Data Mining students this fall, please contact me.  The class will be using Mahout as the base examples and the students will be implementing and benchmarking Mahout algorithms.

I can be reached at gsingers@a.o.

Cheers,
Grant

Re: Mahout, Machine Time and Students

Posted by Bruce Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
Amazon has a program where they donate $100 of machine time on AWS to
students. Just have you prof apply for you. $100 @ $.10/ hour is quite
a lot of hours.

Bruce Williams

--
- Bruce Williams

Re: Mahout, Machine Time and Students

Posted by "Sirota, Peter" <si...@amazon.com>.
We can probably provide some AWS credits to be used with amazon
elastic mapreduce.  Which school is it for and how much time per
student is required?

Sent from my phone

Posted by dc tech <dc...@gmail.com>.
Grant,
I would be willing to donate some money. Will write you separately.

--
Sent from my mobile device