Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Suresh Ajja <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/12 11:35:50 UTC

Encrypted Password required in clear text in mail.

hi,The cipher encryption kept is SHA1 in the syncope. on user creation, I
need to send mail to the user with username and password. But the password
should be cleartext.
How do I convert the below encrypted password to a clear text password.

Mail received:
Hi $user.getAttributeMap().get("firstname").getValues().get(0)
$user.getAttributeMap().get("surname").getValues().get(0), welcome to
Syncope!

Your username is suresh.
Your password is 5BAA61E4C9B93F3F0682250B6CF8331B7EE68FD8.
Your email address is suresh.ajja@gmail.com. Your email address inside a
link <http://localhost/?email=suresh.ajja%40gmail.com>.

Thanks

Suresh

Re: Encrypted Password required in clear text in mail.

Posted by Suresh Ajja <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response.
Do you mean the self forgot password reset is being planned for 1.2.0 with
challenge questions?
That would be great.

I see 'Password Reset' can be done after logging in to the syncope by the
user in 1.1.8.

Regards,
Suresh

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suresh Ajja <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Yes we were able to send out e-mails, thanks for the quick response. Though
initially we tried to modify the existing NotificationJob.java (1.1.8
Release file) and build, but did not work. It worked with java file that
you had provided in the link and adding the Property for smpt.auth.mail and
build.

Regarding the password being sent in cleartext, consider below scenario:
User has locked his password by attempting n attempts in the end
application. The locked account attribute is syncope to temporarily suspend
his account.
User cannot reset his own password through syncope (account suspended). He

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,