Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mike Persons <mp...@edocs.com> on 2001/02/27 04:37:26 UTC

NO_NATIVE_BOOL mistakenly defined on AIX 4.3 with xlC 5?

I'm getting a compile error on AIX 4.3(.3.0) using
the xlC_r Visual Age compiler 5 trying to compile
Xerces 1.2.0.  It happens at line 290 of XercesDefs.hpp:

typedef int bool;

Problem is, xlC *does* have a native bool; I verified it
with a little test program.  NO_NATIVE_BOOL gets defined
because of the following code in AutoSense.hpp at line 181:

#elif defined(__xlC__)
    #define XML_CSET

Defining XML_CSET causes Compilers/CSetDefs.hpp to be
included at line 206 of XercesDefs.hpp, and CSetDefs.hpp
contains the definition of NO_NATIVE_BOOL, which causes
the above typedef to be included, which causes the compile
to fail because bool is a reserved keyword:

/vobs/pub/XercesC/include/util/XercesDefs.hpp, line 290.21:  1540-0063 (S)
The text "bool" is unexpected.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Thx
Mike Persons