Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joe Barefoot <Jo...@motiva.com> on 2002/12/06 00:36:25 UTC

RE: Maximize IFramePortlet

There are extra parameters for this, that you include in the registry entry for your portlet.  Note that the html <iframe> tag which is generated accepts percentage (of the available area) values for the width, but not for the height.  The height must be specifed in pixel values or omitted entirely.  I'm not sure what the default height is if it is omitted as a parameter.

FYI, a height of 500 is about half the screen on most screen resolutions.

<parameter name="width" value="500"/>
<parameter name="width" value="100%"/>

<parameter name="height" value="500"/>

<parameter name="scrolling" value="no"/>
<parameter name="scrolling" value="yes"/>
<!-- probably want auto usually (that is the default if not specified) -->
<parameter name="scrolling" value="auto"/>

<!-- Don't display a border around the iframe -->
<parameter name="frameborder" value="0"/>
<!-- Display a border -->
<parameter name="frameborder" value="1"/>

Re: Maximize IFramePortlet

Posted by Sangam Dash <sr...@rippleimpact.com>.
Joe Barefoot wrote:

>There are extra parameters for this, that you include in the registry entry for your portlet.  Note that the html <iframe> tag which is generated accepts percentage (of the available area) values for the width, but not for the height.  The height must be specifed in pixel values or omitted entirely.  I'm not sure what the default height is if it is omitted as a parameter.
>
>FYI, a height of 500 is about half the screen on most screen resolutions.
>

><parameter name="width" value="500"/>
><parameter name="width" value="100%"/>
>
><parameter name="height" value="500"/>
>
><parameter name="scrolling" value="no"/>
><parameter name="scrolling" value="yes"/>
><!-- probably want auto usually (that is the default if not specified) -->
><parameter name="scrolling" value="auto"/>
>
><!-- Don't display a border around the iframe -->
><parameter name="frameborder" value="0"/>
><!-- Display a border -->
><parameter name="frameborder" value="1"/>

Hi

I have added some IFramePortlets on for the default anon user which
shows up in my home page.
When i do the same thing for the turbine user those portlets have
minimize maximize and customize buttons on the top right hand corner of
 the portlet but i cant see the same buttons for the anon user's page?
Are there any  parametrs i have to specify in somewhere?
thanks
sangam dash

Re: Maximize IFramePortlet

Posted by Sangam Dash <sr...@rippleimpact.com>.
Joe Barefoot wrote:

>There are extra parameters for this, that you include in the registry entry for your portlet.  Note that the html <iframe> tag which is generated accepts percentage (of the available area) values for the width, but not for the height.  The height must be specifed in pixel values or omitted entirely.  I'm not sure what the default height is if it is omitted as a parameter.
>
>FYI, a height of 500 is about half the screen on most screen resolutions.
>

><parameter name="width" value="500"/>
><parameter name="width" value="100%"/>
>
><parameter name="height" value="500"/>
>
><parameter name="scrolling" value="no"/>
><parameter name="scrolling" value="yes"/>
><!-- probably want auto usually (that is the default if not specified) -->
><parameter name="scrolling" value="auto"/>
>
><!-- Don't display a border around the iframe -->
><parameter name="frameborder" value="0"/>
><!-- Display a border -->
><parameter name="frameborder" value="1"/>

Actually on the default user's page the icons like customize and
maximize or minimize doesnot come on the top right corner of the
IFramePortlet.
So can it be done only including these parameters?
And also if you maximize the portlets will the frame size become fit to
the window?
thanks
sangam dash