Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Vincenz Braun <vb...@evelox.de> on 2003/03/29 04:25:19 UTC

ejb deployment: reasons for binding the factories?

Hello,

I wonder why the PBFactory or ODMG Implementation is
bound to a Context. For OMDG this would make sense to me
if there were a TransformFactory like interface for getting
the implementation class (so one can transparently use another
implementation). What are the reasons why not simply
use the factory calls as outside of an ejb container.

The only reason i can consider of is the security constraint
in dynamically loading classes.

Is that right? Or do i miss a thing?
Some remarks in the documentation why this is needed would help
a lot (at least me).

Thanks,
Vincenz

Re: ejb deployment: reasons for binding the factories?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi,

> I wonder why the PBFactory or ODMG Implementation is
> bound to a Context. For OMDG this would make sense to me
> if there were a TransformFactory like interface for getting
> the implementation class (so one can transparently use another
> implementation).

yes!

>What are the reasons why not simply
> use the factory calls as outside of an ejb container.
>
> The only reason i can consider of is the security constraint
> in dynamically loading classes.
>
> Is that right? Or do i miss a thing?

you are right, you could directly use PB-api without any
problems, and ODMG using the OJBJ2EE_2 class.

> Some remarks in the documentation why this is needed would help
> a lot (at least me)

I'm in agreement with you, it's not needed.

regards,
Armin