Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Laufer, Michael" <mi...@entory.com> on 2001/02/19 11:11:57 UTC

Problems with the Cookie-tag ...

Hi,

I've a couple of essential questions about using the cookie-tag of
'struts-bean.tld'.
My following tag

<bean:cookie id="cookie" name="userCategory"/>

throws always a request time exception while not having a cookie with the
specified name.
That's exactly the behaviour which is announced in the docu. But the docu
talks also about an attribute
called 'value' with the purpose of being a default-value if no cookie can be
retrieved with the specified name.
But in the 'struts-bean.tld' this attribute isn't mentioned.
So, now I'm  little bit confused, about

Am I using the correct struts-version? I use 1.0.

Documents the docu features which aren't implemented right now?

Is there any convenient workaround ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

____________________________
entory AG
____________________________

Re: Problems with the Cookie-tag ...

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Laufer, Michael" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a couple of essential questions about using the cookie-tag of
> 'struts-bean.tld'.
> My following tag
>
> <bean:cookie id="cookie" name="userCategory"/>
>
> throws always a request time exception while not having a cookie with
> the specified name.
> That's exactly the behaviour which is announced in the docu. But the
> docu talks also about an attribute
> called 'value' with the purpose of being a default-value if no cookie
> can be retrieved with the specified name.
> But in the 'struts-bean.tld' this attribute isn't mentioned.
> So, now I'm  little bit confused, about

The "value" attribute exists in current nightly versions of
struts-bean.tld (and is implemented in the tag class itself).  It was
added fairly recently, and the web site documentation reflects the
current functionality.

> Am I using the correct struts-version? I use 1.0.
>
> Documents the docu features which aren't implemented right now?

Yep ... pick up a recent nightly distribution and you will have this
functinoality.

> Is there any convenient workaround ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.