Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shun-Luoi Daniel Fong <sd...@engineering.uiowa.edu> on 2001/04/11 11:04:34 UTC

shutdown.sh problem

Hi,
I'm trying to shutdown Tomcat using
$TOMCAT_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh

but when I type that i get the following message:

Using classpath: /usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/ant.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/jaxp.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/parser.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/test:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/lib/servlet.jar:.
Stop tomcat
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:323)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:136)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:123)
        at org.apache.tomcat.task.StopTomcat.execute(StopTomcat.java:104)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.stopTomcat(Tomcat.java:267)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:174)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

I've never had problems shutting it down before. Can someone tell why it
would be refusing the Connection and how I can go about fixing it.
I apologize if I am asking a question that is easily fixed. If you need
more info from me, let me know.

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 on linux

Thanks,
Luoi

--
D. Shun-Luoi Fong
821 Melrose Avenue

-----------------------
Colossions 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy
or empty deception, according to the traditions of men, according to the
elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.
-----------------------

Re: shutdown.sh problem

Posted by Julian Payne <jp...@ilog.fr>.
Are you sure that your Tomcat server is still running? Calling shutdown
twice will produce this message because the message comes from the fact that
Tomcat is not listening on the socket that is used to shut down Tomcat. If
your tomcat is still running then kill it by hand as it would appear to be
in a state where it is no longer responding.

Thanks,

Julian

Posted by Shun-Luoi Daniel Fong <sd...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.

RE: shutdown.sh problem