Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 20:34:39 UTC

well formed xml and jsp?

My jsp fragments that Tiles is inserting start with the following:

    <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

And then immediately after that use html/jsp like the following:

    <ol class="menu">
        <li>
        </li>

This may be a silly/simple question, but can I add something to the top of the jsp fragments so that they're well formed xml and jsp, and not break tiles?

Re: well formed xml and jsp?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/7 Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>:
> I'm not sure what you mean "about the JSP/XML style".

I mean this:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/11/28/jsp_xml.html

> My general problem is that I was hoping to make Eclipse happy; right now I
> have several fragments that have the eclipse red circle error next to them,
> and in the Problems tab it says for the Description "Syntax error on token
> "}", delete this token" and the Location is line 0.  Other errors for the
> same file in the Eclipse Problems:
> There isn't any java code in these fragments; only html and jsp tags.

Err... turn off JSP validation then :-D

> I think the underlying problem is something to do with the m2eclipse (maven
> 2) plugin for eclipse; sometimes things get out of whack with it.

I don't think so, Maven has nothing to do with JSP syntax :-O

Antonio

Re: well formed xml and jsp?

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure what you mean "about the JSP/XML style".

My general problem is that I was hoping to make Eclipse happy; right now I have several fragments that have the eclipse red circle error next to them, and in the Problems tab it says for the Description "Syntax error on token "}", delete this token" and the Location is line 0.  Other errors for the same file in the Eclipse Problems:

Syntax error on token "catch", Identifier expected
Syntax error, insert "Finally" to complete TryStatement

There isn't any java code in these fragments; only html and jsp tags.  It seems like it's going into the taglib code or unhappy about something with it.  The web app runs fine when I deploy it or run it within eclipse with tomcat.

When I open the file in Eclipse there are no red error circles in the file, they're only in the Project Explorer next to the file names.

I think the underlying problem is something to do with the m2eclipse (maven 2) plugin for eclipse; sometimes things get out of whack with it.  But this time I haven't been able to figure out what the proper incantation is to get rid of the red error circles.

Re: well formed xml and jsp?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.