Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Akash Nilugal <ak...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/24 15:46:28 UTC

[DISCUSSION]Remove the call to update the serde properties in case of alter scenarios

Hi Community,

Currently, we have an API called alterTable() in
CarbonSessionCatalogUtil.scala which basically fires a SQL which goes and
changes the serde properties. Actually this API was added when carbon
needed to support alter features(spark-2.1 and 2.2 back then), but spark
wasn't supporting.

Now since we do not support old spark version and spark provides other APIs
to update schema after alter operations. So I think we can remove this API
and which makes unnecessary calls to metastore. Please give inputs on this.

Akash R Nilugal

Re: [DISCUSSION]Remove the call to update the serde properties in case of alter scenarios

Posted by David CaiQiang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 for removing it.

-----
Best Regards