Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "rpalm01@gmail.com" <rp...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/22 19:15:03 UTC

Axis Version 1.4 in Geronimo 2.1.4; Re: Bug AXIS2-2313

I'm having an issue with Axis from the version of Geronimo I downloaded last
night (7.21.9): geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4.

Apparently there was a bug fixed in April of 2007 that I'm not getting the
1.4 version that is included in this Geronimo release.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2313

Does anyone have any thought on how I can determine whether the axis-1.4.jar
file has this fix included in it?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Axis Version 1.4 in Geronimo 2.1.4; Re: Bug AXIS2-2313

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 24, 2009, at 1:14 PM, rpalm01@gmail.com wrote:

> Oh, good. That explains a lot.  We also have a significant performance
> hit with this version of axis and geronimo, that is not as severe when
> using CXF.

OK. I'm going to waffle again. I got my dates swapped. Looks like that
fix *should* be there. Do you see the same problem with Geronimo 2.1.3?

If you have a test case that can show the problem, can you attach it
to your Jira?

We haven't released, yet, but you might want to take a look at G 2.2
(current trunk).

--kevan

Re: Axis Version 1.4 in Geronimo 2.1.4; Re: Bug AXIS2-2313

Posted by "rpalm01@gmail.com" <rp...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: Axis Version 1.4 in Geronimo 2.1.4; Re: Bug AXIS2-2313

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 22, 2009, at 1:15 PM, rpalm01@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm having an issue with Axis from the version of Geronimo I
> downloaded last night (7.21.9): geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4.
>
> Apparently there was a bug fixed in April of 2007 that I'm not
> getting the 1.4 version that is included in this Geronimo release.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2313
>
> Does anyone have any thought on how I can determine whether the
> axis-1.4.jar file has this fix included in it?

Geronimo 2.1.4 uses Axis 1.3, not 1.4. It does look like the fix from
AXIS2-2323 is included. The fix revision number referenced in the Jira
is 528269 (note that this is from the "Subversion Commits" tab. The
revision number referenced in the comments is a typo (i.e. 428269).

svn praise https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/tags/java/v1.3/modules/jaxws/src/org/apache/axis2/jaxws/marshaller/impl/alt/MethodMarshallerUtils.java

Shows that the change did make it into the Axis2 1.3 release.

FYI, Geronimo 2.2, which will be released soon, is using Axis2 1.5.

--kevan